This course is offered by the School of Professional and Continuing Education (SPACE) of the University of Hong Kong (HKU) in collaboration with the Census and Statistics Department (C&SD). It is designed to put managers, administrators and planners in closer touch with the statistical data available in Hong Kong, and to show how such data may be used to assist in business and forecasting. The course is an integrated series of lectures by professionals from C&SD.
- Introduction to official statistics and sample surveys
- Population statistics and projections : Research and marketing
- Labour, price and wage statistics: Personnel management and manpower planning
- Manufacturing, construction, distributive trades and services industries statistics: Comparing profitability and performance, evaluating local market size, and assessing extent and nature of competition
- Trade statistics: Market research, trade promotion, and analysis and forecasting of merchandise trade
- National income statistics: Gross Domestic Product and its components
- Monetary and financial statistics: Analysis and applications