1. All contents found on this website, including but not limited to all Statistical Information (as defined in paragraph 2 below), Permitted Contents (as defined in paragraph 3 below), text, graphics, drawings, diagrams, photographs and compilation of data or other materials (the “Materials”) are subject to intellectual property rights which are either owned by the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region ("the Government") or have been licensed to the Government by the owner(s) of intellectual property rights of the Materials to deal with and/or sub-license the Materials for the purposes of all activities contemplated on this website.
2. Unless otherwise specified, visitors to this website can download, print, adapt, distribute, reproduce and hyperlink to the following specified statistical information published by the Census and Statistics Department (“C&SD”) on this website ("Statistical Information") free of charge for both commercial and non-commercial purposes:
3. Save and except for Statistical Information, visitors to this website are permitted to download, print, adapt, distribute, reproduce and hyperlink to all other contents found on this website in which the intellectual property rights belong to the Government (excluding any maps, photographs, graphics, drawings, logos, audio files and video files found thereon) ("Permitted Contents") for personal or educational purposes, provided that the Permitted Contents must not be used for or in connection with the following purposes:
4. Without prejudice to paragraphs 2 and 3 above, visitors who download, print, adapt, distribute, reproduce and/or hyperlink to the Statistical Information and Permitted Contents shall comply with the following conditions:
5. Use of the Materials on this website in any way or for any purpose other than those provided in Paragraphs 2, 3 and 4 above shall be subject to prior written consent of the Government. Requests shall be addressed to the C&SD via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Please note that the permission given in paragraphs 2, 3 and 4 above does not extend to any contents on other websites linked to or from this website, or any contents on this website, the intellectual property rights of which belong to a third party. Authorization or permission to use, reproduce or redistribute such contents must be obtained from the owners of intellectual property rights concerned.
7. If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and the Chinese version of this Intellectual Property Rights Notice, the English version shall prevail.
1. The information contained in this website is compiled by the Census and Statistics Department (“C&SD”) of the Government for general information only. Whilst the Government endeavours to ensure the accuracy of this general information, no statement, representation, guarantee or warranty of any kind (whether express or implied) is given by the Government in relation to such information (including the accuracy, availability, completeness, non-infringement, reliability, security, timeliness, appropriateness and usefulness of the information for use in any particular circumstances) in so far as permitted by the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. The Government shall not be liable for any errors in, omissions from, or misstatements or misrepresentations (express or implied), concerning any information, and shall not have or accept any liability, obligation or responsibility (including liability for negligence) whatsoever for any loss, destruction, damage or injury (including without limitation consequential loss, destruction, damage or injury) save and to the extent any such injury is caused by the negligence of the Government or any of its employees in the course of employment howsoever arising out of or in connection with any supply of, use or misuse of, reliance on such information or any inability to use such information.
2. The Government recommends that visitors to this website exercise their own skill and care with respect to their use of this website and that users carefully evaluate the accuracy, currency, completeness and relevance of the material or information on this website for their purposes. The Government does not guarantee that the information on this website is fit for any particular purpose. Moreover, this website is not a substitute for independent professional advice and visitors should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
3. This website also provides links to other sites for visitors' convenience. Although great care has been exercised, C&SD is unable to warrant that these hyperlinks are valid at all times, and that the contents contained therein are most up-to-date and accurate. If necessary, the user is encouraged to conduct his/her own enquiries to verify any particular piece of information provided.
4. The Government does not warrant or represent that any information transmitted from this website to user is free of computer viruses. User is advised to perform virus scanning before using the information. The Government shall not be held liable for any loss, destruction or damage or injury howsoever arising out of or in relation to any transmission from this website to user over the Internet.
5. Provision of, or assistance in providing, any links on this website to any third-party website does not give rise to any statement, representation or warranty, express or implied, that the Government agrees with, approves, recommends or endorses the contents of any such third-party websites. The provision of any links to third-party websites shall not constitute any form of co-operation or affiliation with the Government of any such third parties or external websites. The Government shall not have or accept any liability, obligation or responsibility (including liability for negligence) for any loss, destruction, damage, or injury (including without limitation consequential loss, destruction, damage, or injury) howsoever arising from or in respect of any supply of, use or misuse of, reliance on, or any inability to use such links and contents to any third-party websites. You should refer to the terms and conditions of each such third-party website when using such website.
6. If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and the Chinese version of this Disclaimer, the English version shall prevail.
Information we collect about you will only be used for compiling aggregate statistics and for processing your requests and will not be disclosed to parties who are not involved in the respective processes.
We only retain personal data for so long as it is necessary. We do not offer on-line facilities for you to delete personal data held by us.
Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have a right to request access to and correction of information about you held by us. You may seek access to or correction of the information by addressing your request to the Data Controlling Officer, Census and Statistics Department, 21/F, Wanchai Tower, 12 Harbour Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong, China.
When you visit our website, we record your visit only as a 'hit' and do not collect any personal identifiable information about you. The 'hit' information is to allow us to compile general statistics to show the number of visitors to our website. We do not use, and have no intention to use the ‘hit’ information to personally identify anyone.
We collect personal data from our website visitors on a voluntary basis. Personal information may include, but not limited to, name. The information is used only by us for the purposes stated in the respective screens in which we invite you to provide your data. We do not use your personal data for any other purposes without your prior consent unless such use is permitted or required by law.
We disclose no personal identifiable information nor individual ‘hit’ information to third parties except as required by law.
All personal data you provide us is secured on our website with restricted access by authorised personnel only. Our on-line registration process uses Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol link for data transmission so as to protect your data which may be of security concerns to you.
The C&SD Websites are best viewed with Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari. If you are using older versions of these browsers, we suggest you to update them to the latest versions as soon as possible for better security when surfing the Web. To update your browsers, please visit one of the websites listed below:
We are committed to ensuring that our website conforms to the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA requirements to the maximum extent possible. However, some archived materials and individual interactive contents have not been incorporated with all Level AA accessibility features.
For enquiry, please contact us. We will try our best to provide the information in a format accessible to you.